Today, October 12, the youth team of Ukraine U-21 football match of the ninth round of the qualifying tournament to the European championship 2019 will take on their counterparts from Scotland. The game on the field of capital stadium “Obolon arena” will start at 19:00.
Match qualifying campaign for the UEFA European under-2019 Ukraine – Scotland will judge the Swedish referee, Bojan Pandzic, who on the lines of field will help his compatriots Peter Alheim and Daniel Eckmann. Watch the live broadcast of the match on the channel “with football 1” reports ua-football.com.
Facts and figures
– the England team ahead of schedule won the group 4 selection, which are Ukraine and Scotland, having won the only “straight” ticket in the final of the European championship. The fight for second place, but our teams continue just the Scots (equal points) and the Netherlands (behind by two points), who play today against Latvia.
– only four teams that took second place, with nine teams qualifying will compete in the playoffs two more spots in the final part of the tournament. So the hopes of “keeping second place and all will be well” is not justified. Moreover, now the Ukrainian team is the worst among all the applicants from other places. To get into the play-offs not only need to win our last two matches of selection (and not just a position as any to keep), but hope that potential competitors of the other groups will lose points.
– a first round match between Scotland and Ukraine ended with the victory of the “yellow-blue” 2:0. Goals Ukrainians scored the curtain of each half: the score was opened by Boryachuk, the Kovalenko.
it is interesting that the Ukrainians and the Scots crossed the second consecutive selection. In the last cycle, our team played a draw away 2:2 and won 4:0. More at the official level do not overlap.
– Scotland lost only one away match of the current selection, losing a year ago, England (1:3). September session of the “tartan army” made up two wins over Andorra at home (3:0) and Netherlands (2:1).
Table 4 group before today’s matches
1. England– 9 7 2 0 21-4 23
2. Ukraine– 8 4 2 2 15-8 14
3. Scotland– 8 4 2 2 11-8 14
4. Netherlands– 8 3 3 2 15-5 12
5. Latvia– 8 0 3 5 5-15 3
6. Andorra– 9 0 2 7 1-28 2
Alexander Head, in principle, managed to raise at the moment the strongest team. Even two days arrived Andrey Lunin. It is unclear just why continue to remain at the disposal of the national team Vasily Kravets, although the chances to play against the Czech Republic at least. However, it is possible to consider nuances.
In addition to Lunin from the experience of playing in the national team is Shaparenko, Shepelev and Kovalenko. At least two of them expect to see at the start. Most problematic is seen in the centre of defence, where performers from the playing practice in the Premier League below zero. Open question on the right winger, the position which we approximate in composed made a choice in favor of the player with plenty of match practice.
The approximate composition of the youth national team of Ukraine (left to right): Lunin – Mickle, Popov, Mikolenko, Timchik – Palanok, Shaparenko – a Swede, Kovalenko, Lenv – Boryachuk.
Forecast for the match
The composition of this team seems able to compete for second place and possible qualification to Euro-2019. But remember that the team will hold only the fourth match of the year, potentially starting goalie, though from real Madrid, but has not played a single match in the season, but Central defense is really a bit “dumb”, getting the results somehow. However, we still believe in the victory of our team. It will definitely turn out to be tough, as usual in one ball and may even score. But the potential is invited Alexander Golovko players should bring us joy in the form of three points in the Treasury.